Shawfield Greyhound Stadium
Shawfield Greyhound Stadium is located three miles south of Glasgow City, England.
World renowned greyhound trainer and breeder Don Cuddy used to be Shawfield Greyhound Stadium's managing director.
Shawfield Greyhound Stadium also hosts a variety of sporting events. For a time, the stadium was used as a football field and speedway.
Stadium Capacity: 4,000
- Circumference: 432 meters
- Distances Raced: 300, 450, 480, 500, 510H, 670, 730, 882 and 932 meters
- Run to First Bend: 100m (for 300m races), 90m (for 500m races), 30 meters (for 670m races)
- 300m Ravage Again 17.35sec 7 April 1990
- 450m Fairhill Boy 26.85sec 27 October 1989
- 480m Justright Melody 28.87sec 28 August 1995
- 500m Droopys Sandy 29.39sec 21 May 1994
- 500mH Face The Mutt 31.07sec 22 May 1982
- 670m Crack Of The Ash 40.50sec 11 September 1993
- 730m Decoy Princess 45.09sec 16 August 1988
- 882m Rosemoor Flower 56.55sec 13 April 2002
- 932m Silken Dancer 59.35sec 2 September 1993
- Regal Scottish Derby
- St. Mungo Cup
- William King Cup
Getting to Shawfield Greyhound Stadium
Shawfield Greyhound Stadium is located at Rutherglen Road in Glasgow, England.